Any e-commerce must associate PrestaShop with a newsletter module to implement an email marketing strategy. Whether you are at the very beginning of your activity or you have been in place for several years, the newsletter is the communication tool that serves to retain your customers and increase your sales through personalized offers.
A newsletter plugin is very easy to install from your Prestashop CMS. You wonder if this type of module is for you? This guide answers all the questions you may have about why and how to send newsletters with a Prestashop module.
The newsletter, a pillar of your communication strategy
Email marketing in figures
Despite the growing popularity of social networks and chat rooms, email remains at the heart of digital communication and even continues to grow. According to a report by Statista, an estimated 306 billion emails were sent and received every day in 2020 and by 2025, that number is expected to reach 376 billion. According to a study by the Content Marketing Institute, email marketing is the best way to do lead nurturing. 81% of SMBs consider email marketing as the first acquisition channel.
The different marketing objectives of a newsletter on Prestashop
The objectives of a newsletter can be multiple. It is important to choose one objective per campaign to guarantee better results. For more efficiency, we advise you to segment your newsletter according to the audience. The idea is to distribute the right content to the right person, to maximise the impact.
Email marketing to distribute content
Content marketing is a strategy that aims at attracting leads, turning customers into prospects and retaining customers. It is an extremely effective way to gain visibility.
Big brands rely on blog posts, infographics, guides, tutorials or white papers. Emailing is the best way to distribute this content to reach your customers. Here the content is rather informative and it allows you to create a relationship of trust with the leads.
Email marketing to improve the company's reputation
The newsletter is a communication support to make known your e-commerce and convey the values of your brand. You can communicate on your activity, the life of the company or your field of expertise.
- Are the products in your Prestashop shop organic? This is the way to present the manufacturing methods or the natural components of your products to your customers.
- Are the products in your Prestashop shop 100% French? Is it possible to show the place of manufacture to your customers?
Email marketing to boost traffic to your site
The more a website is consulted, the more it gains notoriety. The newsletter is an important source of traffic acquisition for your Prestashop e-commerce site.
In every email, it is important to place one or more links behind call-to-action buttons with an engaging headline. Be sure to use action verbs like "click here" or "find out about our offers" to entice your contact to click.
Email marketing to make sales and build loyalty
While a newsletter is a commercial email sent to your entire customer database, email marketing is more targeted and personalized. With email marketing, you can segment customers and send them only relevant content.
Here are some specific examples of personalised emails:
- Abandoned cart reminder: The customer who has abandoned his cart will be reminded by an email in which we inform him of an emergency "stock soon sold out", "your cart will expire soon" or a promotional offer so that he can make a purchase.
- Anniversary email: In addition to staying in touch with the customer, this type of email allows you to propose a specific offer such as free shipping, a 20% discount on the product of his choice, additional points on his loyalty card, etc.
With this type of automatic campaign, you can build up a loyal customer database over the long term.
The features of a PrestaShop pro newsletter module like Kiliba
What are the differences between Kiliba and other newsletter modules for Prestashop?
Not all newsletter modules are created equal. If some require you to spend a lot of time to set up your campaigns for sometimes insufficient results, Kiliba is a version of emailing tools based on artificial intelligence. It is a unique software on the market.
Powerful algorithms analyse parameters such as :
- the behaviors of your customers on each page of your site;
- their actions following the sending of emails;
- the products of your Prestashop store that might interest them.
All these analyses will be used to create highly personalised content and to recommend the products that your customers want most.
As a result, the performance of your emails is optimised. By integrating the Kiliba module into your CMS, you can achieve up to 80% higher open rates on certain emails!
How to set up your emailing with Kiliba?
The installation of the module
- The installation of the Kiliba module on Prestashop is very simple and fast.
- From the Prestashop Marketplace, just mention Kiliba in the search bar.
- Click on the "download" button. The module will then be available in the Back-Office of your PrestaShop.
- Last step: go to the registration page and create your account to continue the installation of Kiliba.
The features of the Kiliba newsletter module
Thanks to its features, Kiliba allows you to create newsletters in just a few minutes.
- Kiliba creates html email templates automatically with the colors of your logo. The parameters of the template are customizable or not, it's your choice. You don't need to have any knowledge in html and css code to use Kiliba.
- Kiliba offers you 20 automated emailing workflows. The algorithms will identify the right target for each email.
- As explained above, Kiliba identifies the products that are likely to interest your customers based on their behavior on your site.
- Kiliba allows you to enrich the profile of each customer and to proceed to a segmentation of your customers.
- Thanks to a dashboard, you can follow the performance of your emails.
- With Kiliba, the marketing pressure is individualized to prevent your contacts from feeling harassed.
Tips for a successful newsletter on Prestashop
It is important to have an opt-in database. This means that you must have obtained the consent of your subscribers to send them a newsletter or email marketing. If you want to get subscribers quickly, you can set up a pop-up on your website with the promise of a discount code for every subscription to your newsletter.
Every email must contain a visible unsubscribe link, this is one of the mandatory mentions since the implementation of the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) in 2018.
Creating a responsive newsletter, which can be read automatically on any type of support (tablet, PC, smartphone...) is nowadays essential. More than half of the users consult their emails on mobile! If you use a module like Kiliba, the newsletters are automatically adapted to mobiles.
With a structured emailing strategy, a website with traffic and a newsletter module that allows you to send personalised emails, you will see the results of your emailing campaigns jump!
You are on the verge of making a killing